Buying a genuine good sun protection umbrella has become a concern of many consumers. Mr.He, secretary-general of the Umbrella Professional Committee, said that the umbrella canopy is the key to measuring the effect of UV protection.
1. Cotton, silk and nylon fabrics are not as good as polyester.
2. Some umbrella fabrics are thin and sparse, it is best to choose a tight fabric.
3. Satin fabric is the best, then twill and plain weave.
4. The umbrella surface should be large rather than small.
5. The fabric of darker color will be the better. Experts suggest that when pick out an umbrella, you may wish to open the umbrella to see the shadow on the ground. The shadow of umbrella is darker, then this umbrella will be better.
There is also a parasol umbrella on the market, which is coated with a layer of silver glue. I often hear from merchants that most parasols nowadays can protect against ultraviolet radiation. The price is mainly due to different brands. Is this really the case? Experts revealed that a qualified anti-ultraviolet umbrella needs special coating treatment. Even if the most common fabric is used, the cost is about USD5.0. Many cheap umbrellas can only block part of the sun, let alone UV protection.
According to the international standards in “Assessment of Anti-UV Performance of Textiles”, when the UPF (ultraviolet protection factor) value of the fabric is greater than 30 and the transmittance is less than 5%, it can be called “anti-ultraviolet product”. Experts remind that rainwater has a corrosive effect on the sunscreen coating. In order to maintain the sunscreen performance of the umbrella, it must be used separately from the umbrella. If the umbrella surface is dirty, you can gently scrub with a soft brush dipped in clean water, instead of scrubbing with your hands, and don’t wash it too frequently, otherwise it will affect the sun protection effect.
A qualified anti-ultraviolet umbrella needs special coating treatment. Umbrella surface is the key to measure the effect of UV protection. Although the protective effect of the silver glue surface is good, it is easy to turn black after being exposed to the sun. In fact, the silver glue coating on the inside or outside does not affect the sun protection effect. It is best to choose the silver coated inside, which is not easy to fall off.